Ceramides E 1 g
- Dryness, redness and irritation
- Normal to dry skin types
- Use Ceramides if you want to reduce skin roughness and increase overall skin hydration.
- Especially useful for sensitive, dry skin this polar lipid helps soothe and protect the skin.
- Find this in our ready made Every Lipid Serum.
- Using Ceramides will enhance skin moisturisation and skin protection, ultimately helping to repair sensitive and dry skin.
Many products provide Ceramides but at very low concentration because of the high price of ceramides. You can use this active to provide your skin with significant amounts of Ceramides that will make a difference to your skin.
Each tube (1 g) is enough for use with approx.120 ml of cream or lotion at approximately 1% concentration. Use in your favourite cream or add to our Canvas Base Cream or European Cream.
Ceramides do not dissolve easily. They need to be soaked in oil overnight before adding them to any formulation. Use a generous amount of oil (10-15 milliliters oil per 1 gram tube of powder) and let sit, then test for grittiness the next day. Heat can be used to expedite the process as well. Most oils should work, but our favourite is Rosehip Seed Oil.
If Ceramides have already been added to a cream and are causing textural issues, microwave the cream in increments of 5-10 seconds, stirring between each time, until the texture improves as desired. Be cautious when heating either the oil or cream, and make sure not to heat a cream too much as it can damage the emulsion.
Soluble in Creams and Liquid (Oil)